If there were a predictable, step-by-step process for figuring out what you want in your career and making it happen without the overwhelm, self-doubt and fear of putting yourself out there...
Would you finally feel confident enough to make landing a job you love your top career priority?
here's why ANYTHING short of a big
*head nod* is hurting your career
Every day, HUNDREDS of amazing jobs are being created, and they're greeted by thousands upon thousands of eager applicants.
Why aren't you first in line?
Whether you’ve spoken with recruiters or submitted your resume for a few potential options, the success of your job search rests heavily on your answer to this question.
If you fear you're not being HIGHLY CONSIDERED for the jobs you want
Your current job search efforts feel random at best, and are sapping your energy while failing to produce results that make your time invested worthwhile
then keep reading...
the dreaded question...
(And why I still cringe when I hear it)
You've probably been asked this a hundred times.
It's one of the first questions you hear when you meet someone new.
People ask it with the best of intentions.
But even still...
It can strike total fear and shame into the heart of just about anyone.
Especially when you KNOW you're not where you want to be in your career.
And even more-so if you've been TRYING to change your situation but haven't been able to make it happen yet.
You've probably guessed already -- the question is...
"So, what do you do?"
In my mind, there's no question more anxiety provoking for someone who wants to make more out of their career.
I still remember how much pain this question caused me early on in my career.
Before I started landing offers at companies like Facebook and LinkedIn,
I was a graduate school dropout.
And despite having a college degree and a young professional's background most people seemed impressed by...
I felt like a total failure.
I was spending hours and hours each day
tailoring my resume
crafting practically perfect cover letters
submitting tens of applications
But I wasn't landing any interviews, let alone any offers.
And the most painful part wasn't that my job search was failing...
It was that this question came up over and over again constantly reminding me I wasn't where I wanted to be.
But even still...
I'm grateful people asked it.
Grateful people are asking it to YOU.
Because that single question... and the ACTIONS you take to finally be able to answer it with unshakeable confidence, hold the key to your career happiness.
But before you can CONFIDENTLY take those actions, you must first get familiar with...
THE 5 REASONS YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON A JOYFUL CAREER
(And how to start changing that right now!)
Reason #1: You Don't Know What You Want
It's normal to feel scattered or confused about your career interests. What's out there, what's within reach given the skills you've already developed in your career, and is there a career path that would make you truly happy?
Digging into each of these questions is like opening Pandora's box.
Without the right direction, you could be searching for an answer till the end of time.
The truth is, there's no one right answer. There are a variety of career paths that could make you happy!
If you're like the rest of us, you are a multi-passionate person with tremendous capacity to learn and grow in the direction of your dreams.
But it's about identifying which career paths are worth exploring, exploring them efficiently, and choosing the right one to go after in the best possible way.
What you need:
Confidence to double down on a plan of attack -- a systematic approach for assessing what's right for you and making a decision that gets you excited and motivated to navigate your way to the finish line.
Reason #2: You're Stuck In Job Search Hell
You never wanted to job search (who wants to job search)?
So when you got started, you were fully committed to being organized, thoughtful, strategic, and making it through your search in the least amount of time.
You settled into the strategy you used the last time you were searching...
Update resume, peruse the job boards, find jobs you want to apply for, draft cover letters, submit applications, and wait for the interviews to come rolling in.
You feel like you've done everything right. But nothing’s panned out.
Worse still, all that energy you had when you started your search is depleting, fast.
And you have no idea how to break through and make all your time invested worthwhile.
The problem is, the job search of yester-year doesn’t work anymore.
You're up job search creek without a paddle.
What you need:
To leverage a small but powerful set of strategies proven to produce results in the ‘modern day job search’. It doesn’t work like it used to, and you need to allow yourself to learn what’s working today, so that instead of being one in a massive pile of resumes, you’re the first candidate in line.
Reason #3: Sporadic Is Your Middle Name
Let me guess:
You started this whole job search thing with a full tank of motivation, genuinely excited to take your life by the reins and make it great.
But 37 job postings and countless hours spent on your resume later…
And you’re still right where you started.
Maybe life got busy…
Or work got a little better…
Unfortunately, you’ve never stayed committed to a strategy long enough for it to produce a steady stream of interviews and offers.
But the secret to a successful job search -- one that lands a job you love -- is follow through.
What you need:
Accountability to stick to a consistent strategy, one that yields tangible progress week to week and the continued motivation you need to make it across the job search finish line.
Reason #4: Being Afraid
I get it.
Job searching is damn scary for just about everyone.
It can feel like a bit of a gamble.
“What if I spend all this time job searching, and nothing comes through? What if I’m just as unhappy in my next job as I am in this one? What if I get rejected?”
You’re afraid of making bad bets and having to suffer the consequences of having nothing to show for all that time and energy and passion you’ve invested.
But secretly, you also know that if you truly commit to the process, and if you do it right, you will come out on top.
What you need:
An understanding of how to invest your time and energy in the right places. You need a strategy to follow that you can trust -- one that will quash those fears and power you to put yourself out there with confidence that the only risk you're facing is NOT embarking upon this process.
Reason #5: You're Doubting Your Qualifications
I hear it every day...
"I don’t have all the qualifications they're asking for -- maybe I just don't have what it takes...”
I’m guilty of this too. I said similar things to myself after I dropped out of grad school.
These are our inner demons talking -- they’re pointing out all the reasons we DON’T deserve our dreams.
And I gotta tell you, if I could, I’d take every one of those inner demons out back by the dumpster and kick the crud out of ‘em.
Because if there’s one thing I’ve learned most heartily in my years of career coaching, here it is:
If you want it badly enough, your dream is almost always within reach. No professional has a picture-perfect background, and there ain’t no background you can’t overcome with the right approach and dedication.
What you need:
A systematic approach to assessing whether you’re qualified for a job, what really stands between you and the jobs you most want, and how to craft a plan of attack. (hint: graduate school is rarely the answer)
THE GREAT NEWS IS...
If you change your approach, you CAN experience a job search filled with momentum, results, & happiness!
With the right approach, you can:
- Discover your dream job -- the role that fits you best and will keep you happy long-term
- Create a resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter that dramatically increase your chances of landing the job (without taking hours of your time)
- Get your foot in the door and land the interview at ANY organization
- Master the interview skills that consistently blow away recruiters and hiring managers
- Negotiate a significant raise (and avoid the biggest negotiation missteps most job seekers make)
- Finally feel excited when someone asks you "what do you do?" and waits for your response.
YES these outcomes are totally within reach for you, no matter where you're coming from in your career...
You CAN step up and own your career happiness...
But in order to do so, you need a simple system.
A system that takes all the guesswork (and losing strategies) out of the process, and propels your search with a predictable flood of interviews -- and then that dream offer you can't wait to say YES to.
If you’re still with me, then I couldn’t be more excited to introduce you to my 9-week
signature program, which I spent the past few years co-creating with job seekers like you…
LAND YOUR DREAM JOB
The complete A-Z blueprint for finding career clarity, landing more interviews and offers, and making sure you come away with a job you truly love.
What's inside lydj
- The Full 9-Week LYDJ Job Search System (Accessible In Your Own Private Members Area)
- 30+ Instructional Video Modules
- 20+ Cheat Sheets making the hardest job search activities EASY including:
- Resume & Cover Letter Templates
- LinkedIn Makeover Exercise
- Interview Prep and Practice Worksheets
- Email Templates for Networking, Interviews, Follow Ups, & More
- Networking and Negotiation Talking Points
- Weekly checklists and check-ins to make sure you get real results every week
- BONUS: Private Facebook Group For Ongoing Support From Liz and Other LYDJ Members
- BONUS: Job Search Survival Kit for overcoming today's toughest job search challenges
- How To Tackle Gaps In Your Resume & Credentials
- The Job Search Silver Bullet
- How To Overcome The Job Search Blues
- BONUS: Lifetime Access To All LYDJ Content -Including All New Content As It's Developed
Here's what you'll accomplish in 60 days
- Step-by-step exercises and assessments help you uncover your Values, Passions, and Work Preferences (VPP’s), identify your best-fit career possibilities, and confidently choose the best next step for you
- You'll set clear job search parameters -- critical to job search success --while avoiding the most common career decision-making pitfalls
- Bonus exercises included for truly sticky decisions and how to decide whether to stay on your current path or make a big shift in your career
- You'll identify your skills, strengths, and craft a brand that stands out and feels authentic to you. Then, you'll use my favorite
30-minute exercises to plug and play your new brand into a proven resume template AND create a dynamite LinkedIn profile that gets recruiters chasing you.
- You'll also learn how to prevent age discrimination, missing credentials and other common qualification bumps from stopping you in your tracks
- I'll teach you why job postings are the worst place to start in your search -- and where you need to start instead to find 60% more great-fit opportunities than the average job seeker
- You'll build a prioritized list of 50 organizations you would love to work for (and would be interested in hiring you!) and a job search roadmap for your entire search
- You'll start mapping opportunities to your network, setting yourself up to get your foot in the door at your dream organizations
- You'll learn the online research technique that will help you break into ANY organization, and use my personal email templates to land conversations with the people you most want to meet (read: NO awkward networking events!)
- You'll become a master at leading informational interviews, armed with conversation starters, talking points and sample questions to help you “sell yourself” with confidence and authenticity
- You'll become the candidate who gets the inside scoop on unposted job opportunities, what to expect in the interview, and how to be the candidate who lands the offer
- You'll learn the quickest way to exceptionally tailor your resume and use my favorite exercise for simply plugging in your information and walking away with incredible, persuasive, "hire-me" cover letters
- You'll also receive email templates and guidance on how to ensure your application gets noticed by the right people and you hear back ASAP
- BONUS, you'll also learn my secret trick for bypassing cover letter writing (and still landing the interview!)
- Follow my step-by-step process for becoming a master interviewer who makes hiring managers say “We’ve GOT to hire this person!” This includes my interview response formula for knocking any and every interview question out of the park; how to build your story bank to share your powerful, relevant stories with confidence and ease; how to turn challenge questions into softballs; and how to nail the important details including research, asking great questions, body language, dress, video interviews, thank you notes, effective follow up, and more
- You'll also receive my personal Formal Interview Prep Doc that ensures
you are exceptionally confident and prepared heading into any and every interview
- You'll become confident in your ability to negotiate for the highest possible raise, in addition to other wins like benefits, job title and description, vacation time, signing bonus, education benefits, etc.
- You'll follow my step-by-step process for conducting effective salary research, positioning yourself for the highest possible offer, how to avoid the biggest salary-negotiation missteps, AND practice your own talking points for tackling salary negotiation with ease
- You'll use my Offer Evaluation Matrix exercise to strategically assess any job offer and ensure you choose the right offer for you
- You'll also learn how to assess and choose your final negotiating goals, and negotiate for changes to your current role or prospective offer, making sure you don’t leave anything on the table
- You'll follow my personal script for giving notice without burning bridges, and how-to's for leaving everyone on your team dying to work with you again in the future
- The three-step approach to preparing to succeed in your new role and how to knock your first 30 days on the job out of the park
- How to kick off your relationship with your new manager effectively and set yourself up for the earliest possible promotion
BONUS: MEMBERS-ONLY FACEBOOK GROUP
Your go-to job search support system -- with direct access to ME
bONUS: Job Search Survival Kit
Three bonus instructional videos helping you tackle today's biggest job search challenges
BONUS VIDEO #1: TACKLING RESUME & CREDENTIAL GAPS
- The quick formatting shift that erases resume gaps
- How to address employment gaps and short stints at past workplaces in your resume, LinkedIn profile and interviews
- How to assess which credentials you really need, and how to get them
- How to keep age discrimination from affecting your candidacy
BONUS VIDEO #2: YOUR JOB SEARCH SILVER BULLET
- My secret technique that produces job offers like gangbusters (it's not for the faint of heart, but for the job seeker who wants to go above and beyond and see ridiculous results, this thing WORKS)
- Case studies and guidance showing you how to put this technique into action for yourself.
BONUS VIDEO #3: OVERCOMING THE JOB SEARCH BLUES
- Concrete statistics and strategies for overcoming job search hurdles and slumps
- The mindset, motivation and accountability you need to push through job search hurdles and slumps
how do you join lydj?
To cover all the material in our 9-week course costs our private coaching clients over $4,000. Is it worth it? Absolutely -- investing in a personal guide to help you become your best professional self (and often earn a raise 2-4x the cost of coaching) is the best money you can spend.
Similar courses cost $2,000+ . We charge significantly less for our course experience, because we believe that great career advice should be affordable, and we know the impact hands-on support can have on people's job search success.
Course participants pay just
$97 today for the entire course and all bonuses
+ 5 monthly payments of $97
OR you save big bucks and can make a one-time payment today of $397
That's a 90% discount from what you would pay to cover this material in 1:1 coaching. And because we are constantly improving upon and adding to the LYDJ course with bonus videos and content (that you receive lifetime access to when you join) it will never be this inexpensive again.
If you're ready to land your dream job, there's no better time to commit than right now.
Claim your spot today!
our 60-day, no-questions-asked, ironclad, 100% money back guarantee
If you're still on the fence...
I want to give you EVERY opportunity to put LYDJ into action and experience how easy and exciting it can actually be to go through a job search filled with momentum, confidence, JOY and results.
That's why I'm giving you a full 2 months to go through the training, keep up with the modules, implement the systems, and hit PLAY on your career transformation.
If you're unsatisfied with the course in any way, I'll give you a full refund within 60 days of purchase. No questions asked. Seriously.
+ What if I don't know what my dream job is?
Not to worry! Week 1 of the course takes you through the process of defining your dream job before we show you how to land it.
You'll use concrete exercises to define your values, passions and work preferences (your 'VPPs'), and then use those VPPs to identify strong-fit career paths and choose the one you want to go after.
Past LYDJ participants constantly tell us that understanding their VPPs has become a core part of their career clarity and continues to help them make career decisions big and small.
So even if you already know what career you’re going after, you have important insight to gain in Week 1!
+ What if I don't believe there's one right job for me?
Then you're ahead of the game! We live in a rapidly changing world where 65% of the next decade's jobs don't even exist yet.
And if you're like the vast majority of professionals, I know you are a multi-passionate person who could be happy in a variety of careers.
Week 1 of this course will teach you how to identify the variety of careers you may be interested in, and then how to narrow down that list and identify the career step you want to take NEXT.
You'll master this process and become prepared to navigate all of your future career decisions with confidence and ease.
+ How does this course differ from NSC’s free resources?
There’s a LOT of new content in the course: exercises, techniques, worksheets, cheat sheets, and bonus videos you won’t find anywhere else.
Yet interestingly, what many LYDJ participants told us they needed most from this course is the structure, accountability, and focus that propelled them to make week-to-week progress and to stick with their search until they could gleefully say “yes” to an offer.
This course gave them the motivation to say “I’m going the spend the next 9 weeks making it happen,” and then do it.
It’s grounded in the research: when you financially invest in something, you’re more likely to follow through. It signifies your commitment to making change happen, and paves the way for you to stay true to that commitment rather than dipping in, getting overwhelmed and then putting your career happiness on the back burner once again.
So if you want to give your transition (and career happiness!) the greatest chance of success -- and to come away with a job you truly love, a salary you deserve, and new skills to make you and all of your future job searches stronger -- this course is 1,110% worth the investment.
+ What if I try the course and it isn't for me?
We're confident that if you do the work, you'll see serious results -- you'll get more interviews, more offers, AND you'll see all of the personal developmental benefits we've promised above as well.
And we're happy to back that up with a risk-free, 100%, ironclad, money back guarantee. If you are dissatisfied with the course for any reason, you have a full 60 days from purchasing to request a full refund.
+ Am I guaranteed to get a job?
In short, yes.
If you do the work -- you stick with the training, follow the modules, and put your full heart into this process -- you WILL get more interviews and offers.
But more importantly, this course will teach you how to find career clarity and ensure that you don’t just get “a job,” but a job that’s aligned with your values. It will teach you the skills you need to be a master networker, interviewer, negotiator, and overall communicator. And it will help you become more confident in who you are, what you want, and your ability to make it happen.
And I can't emphasize enough that this is a risk-free decision.
If you are dissatisfied with the course for any reason, you have 60 days from purchasing to request a full refund, no questions asked.
Truthfully, the only risk you should be concerned about is not investing in yourself and making the decision to finally start creating the future you want and deserve.
+ Is this course for a certain age group or industry?
This course is for all ages and all industries!
We’ve distilled the best practices for any job seeker navigating the modern day job search, and we give you concrete guidance on how to apply these practices to your specific background and needs.
The course has helped and received rave reviews from job seekers of all backgrounds -- recent graduates, mid-career professionals, stay-at-home parents transitioning back into the workforce, professionals with 20+ years of experience who are struggling to figure out their next career adventure or how the new way of job searching works, professionals who have recently been laid off or let go, and professionals interested in making a significant role or industry shift.
The job search process has changed dramatically since the advent of internet recruiting, and we've invested a lot of energy in figuring out what works, so that no matter your age or background you know what you need to do to succeed.
+ Who is this course NOT right for?
If you're a C-Suite or Executive-level professional, this course is likely not for you -- you most likely already have the skills, brand and network that this course helps professionals build.
If you're someone who expects a head hunter or recruiter to present you with a golden opportunity without doing anything more than updating your resume, this course is not for you -- while this course does teach you how to craft a resume and LinkedIn profile that increase your chances of getting noticed by recruiters, more importantly it teaches you the networking techniques responsible for 85% of hires, and the interview and negotiation skills that increase your chances of landing the offer and a salary increase. You don't get those kinds of results without work!
If you're someone who feels truly lost about what you want in your career and you want months-long deep soul searching, personality assessments, and to come away with total career certainty, this course is likely not for you -- Week 1 of the LYDJ course helps you define your career direction, the variety of careers you could pursue, and which one you want to go after next in your life. I've included bonus exercises in case you're feeing stuck and need to take a little more time to explore and evaluate career possibilities. You can even ask me questions and get my feedback on your personal situation.
But this course is more focused on learning through action, and grounded in the philosophy that there's no ONE dream job for you waiting to be uncovered. Rather, you have an opportunity to build a dream-worthy career, step-by-step, iterating as you and the world around you change, and resting assured that whatever hand life deals you, you have the skills you need to land a job you love.
+ What if I need support?
All LYDJ participants are invited to join our LYDJ Private Members-Only Facebook Group. There, you not only have the opportunity to receive support and feedback from your fellow LYDJ members -- you also have direct access to ME.
I'll be right there with you, answering your questions, cheering you on along the way, and posting weekly tips, tricks and content to make sure you're up to date on today's latest and greatest job search insights!
+ Do I have to complete the course in 9 weeks, or can I move faster/slower?
You receive access to the entire course the moment you sign up. Some people zoom through in just a few weeks, while others appreciate the accountability and structure of weekly lessons and homework.
The best news is, you have lifetime access, so no matter the twists and turns of this job search or the next, the course is there for you and you can move at your own pace.
+ Can I purchase LYDJ as a gift?
Absolutely! Lots of people have given their spouses, kids, mentees and friends the gift of job search happiness. Just email [email protected] for easy-to-follow instructions and we’ll get your loved one started in no time.
LYDJ MEMBERS achieve their dreams
We've helped people land jobs and be successful at companies including:
Here's what just a few LYDJ members have to say...
are you ready to land your dream job?
If you have any questions or concerns about the course, just email us!
I can't wait to meet you and help you land your dream job!